Initiating Supervisor, UIFSA Division, DeKalb County District Attorney’s Office
DeKalb County District Attorney’s Office
INITIATING SUPERVISOR, UIFSA Division
The DeKalb County District Attorney’s Office is currently accepting resumes for an Initiating Supervisor for its Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA) Division. UIFSA prosecutes establishment and enforcement interstate child support cases. Principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Under limited supervision, manages casework functions within the office. Interprets and applies state, federal, and agency laws, rules, policies and procedures, and assists staff with sensitive and complex cases. Manages human resources of assigned staff and performs administrative work required for the operation of the office. Coordinates and participates in local and statewide projects as requested.
- Daily management and on-going training of the Initiating Team including, but not limited to: Monitor the day to day activities of the Initiating team to assure compliance and enforcement of all office, state, and federal policies, procedures and guidelines; monitor team members to assure proper use of time management; conduct bi-weekly team meetings to address new procedures, updates, concerns, case reviews, etc.; assist team with problem solving to identify staff training and development needs and document counseling as required; monthly review of team members work areas to assure there are no backlogs; timely review and processing of incoming referrals for compliance of Same Day Service guidelines and procedures; timely review of outgoing petitions for accuracy and compliance of Same Day Service guidelines and requirements; timely review and distribution of transfers for compliance of the office and state transfer policies and procedures; monitor daily VCC’s to assure timely response to requests; update relevant state and local forms for the office; authorize leave for team members.
- Compile statistics for Initiating Team for required reporting, including: Review, manage and monitor team reports (through Data Warehouse, STARS, etc.) to increase individual and team percentages; conducts quarterly check-ins of the Initiating Team, obtains and considers all information and provides relevant feedback and guidance as needed; timely completion of the monthly Standard Case Reviews as required.
- Coordinate special Initiating Team Projects specifically, monitors reports to initiate special projects targeted to increase productivity and percentages.
- Maintains knowledge of current policies, procedures, and developments received from trainings and conferences. Applies the training to the performance of assigned responsibilities, including: working knowledge of the ERG and all RPI/Standard Operating Procedures; reviews online manuals, training materials and resources for up to date policies and procedures; retains information provided through internal and external trainings; makes recommendation for any related organizational change.
- Serves as backup to the Office Manager.
The ideal candidate must possess an Associate’s or Bachelor's Degree. Supervisory experience preferred. The position requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and Power Point. Additionally, must be able to type 40 wpm and be able to multitask and work with a high volume of files under time constraints.
The successful candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written; proof reading skills to include grammar, punctuation and substantive content review; critical thinking skills; problem solving ability; financial and auditing experience; customer service experience and proficiency; ability to handle a variety of responsibilities; strong organizational skills are a must, and mastery of the DCSS STARS database is a plus; interpersonal skills are necessary, and must be able to work well in a team environment, while at the same time having the ability to work independently and be self-directed; ability meet time deadlines with dedication to produce quality work product; must demonstrate a strong sense of personal responsibility; time management expertise to accomplish the office mission of establishing and enforcing child support orders; and, a commitment to serving the community and working with the public.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter, by Monday, October 14, 2019, to: Kamilah Miller, Deputy Chief Assistant District Attorney, UIFSA Division, email@example.com