Job Posting - Policy and Training Specialist, Western Region of Maryland
Job Title: POLICY AND TRAINING SPECIALIST- WESTERN REGION
Maryland Department of Human Services - Child Support Administration
Location: Western Region of Maryland
This recruitment is limited to candidates willing to accept employment in Allegany County, Frederick County, Garrett County or Washington County in Western Maryland.
This position serves as a Policy and Training Specialist - Western Region in the Policy and Training Unit of the Division of Program Development in the Child Support Administration of the Department of Human Services. This position functions as the technical/policy expert for child support programs and will be responsible for the planning, development, implementation, training, and management of new child support programs.
This position will be required to travel across Maryland and outside as needed to present training and/or to attend meetings.
Planning and directing activities necessary for the implementation of new programs. Identifying and securing resources necessary for implementation. Analyzing and interpreting federal/state laws to assess impact on the Child Support Program Developing and writing policy, procedures and regulations necessary to implement child support programs. Serving as program liaison to federal offices. Providing ongoing training and technical support to local staff. Monitoring program to identify need for modifications. Developing, implementing, presenting and providing training and technical assistance to staff statewide to include, but not be limited to online/distance learning, in-classroom, and regional training as assigned.
Applicants must meet all minimum (AND SELECTIVE) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
EDUCATION: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
EXPERIENCE: Four years of experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations.
1. Additional professional or technical experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Education at the graduate level at an accredited college or university in a human services related field at may be substituted the rate of 30 semester hours per year for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Administrative Officer classifications or Administrative Officer specialty codes in the General, Administrative, Clerical, and Office Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of the required experience must have been working in a TITLE IV-D Child Support Program.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Public Policy (M.P.P.), Public Administration (M.P.A.) or a Juris Doctorate (J.D.).
2. Two years of experience in policy utilization.
3. Two years experience in policy development and writing.
4. Two years of experience conducting formal training programs or courses, including PowerPoint presentations, WebEx and live trainings.
5. Experience with various software such as: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Child Support Enforcement System, Motor Vehicle Administration System, Maryland Automated Benefit System, or the Microsoft Outlook System.
6. Strong customer service and communication skills.
7. Experience with prioritizing and multitasking effectively.
8. Experience with time management, priority setting and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply:
PLEASE NOTE: This recruitment has been reopened to allow additional candidates to apply; if you have already submitted an application for this recruitment, please do not reapply.